Easy Clean Sanitary Solid State Temperature Probe
The BD1-S6F-EZ is a unique, easily cleanable stainless steel temperature probe that utilizes the Brew Data BD1 solid state temperature sensing device. The solid state sensor converts temperature directly to a high level output voltage. It features a 1.5” Tri-Clamp sanitary fitting, a watertight M12 male connector, and an integrated sealing cap. When removed from service and the M12 connector is sealed by hand tightening the cap, the entire assembly becomes waterproof to IP68 standards. The sensor is then dishwasher safe and is resistant to caustic cleaners and acid sanitizers.
- Easy to wire, wire nuts can be used to splice to M12 cable.
- Easy to interface, can be connected directly to an ADC without special signal conditioning.
- Easy to clean, integrated sealing cap with lanyard makes the sensor dishwasher safe and resistant to caustics and acids.
- Designed for industrial environments; ESD protected and compensated to drive long cables or capacitive loads.
- -40°C to +125°C (-40°F to 257°F) sensing range
- ±0.5°C accuracy (-20°C to 105°C)
- 0.251V to 1.315V output voltage
- Single 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage
- Stainless steel and PTFE construction
- IP67 / IP68 / IP69K ingress protection
- 3 pin male M12 connector
- 1.5” Tri-Clamp sanitary mount
Output to Temperature Conversions
These probes are mounted using a 1.5” trade size sanitary Tri-Clamp fitting. The cable is attached using an M12 female connector with 3 or 4 pins. Brew Data also makes straight and thermowell mounted probes with connection heads.
Please see the Brew Data application note “Using the Brew Data Solid State Temperature Sensor”. This application note includes important information about wiring and contains additional information such as thermal response and considerations when connecting to a measurement device.
(V+ = 2.7V to 5.5V, V- = ground, Ta = -40°C to 105°C, unless otherwise noted)
|Thermometer Error||-20°C to 100°C||±0.5||°C|
|-40°C to 105°C||±0.75||°C|
|Supply Voltage||V+ to V-||2.7||5.5||V|
|Output DC offset||0°C||509||mV|
|Thermal Response Time||0°C to 100°C||40||sec|
|Construction||probe body||Passivated 316 Stainless Steel, 6” long x 1/4” diameter probe, 1.5” trade size sanitary fitting|
|connector and hardware||Passivated 300 Series Stainless Steel Locking nut contains high temperature nylon|
|Ingress Rating||when connected or capped||IP67 / IP68 / IP69K|
|Overall dimensions||8” long x 2” diameter|
|Country of Origin||USA|
©05/02/14 Brew Data LLC