Straight Solid State Temperature Probe
The BD1-xx-N is a family of stainless steel temperature probes that utilize the Brew Data BD1 solid state temperature sensing device. The solid state sensor converts temperature directly to a high level output voltage. These are straight probes with no added mounting features.
- Easy to wire, no special cabling or connection requirements. Wire nuts can be used.
- Easy to interface, can be connected directly to an ADC without special signal conditioning.
- Designed for industrial environments; ESD protected and compensated to drive long cables or capacitive loads.
- -40°C to +125°C temperature range
- ±0.5°C accuracy (-20°C to 100°C)
- 0.251V to 1.315V output voltage
- Single 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage
- 316 stainless steel probe body, 1/4” diameter
- High temperature 20AWG lead wires
Part Number Summary
|Part Number||Length||Mount||Connection Head|
Output to Temperature Conversions
These are straight probes that can be mounted using 1/4” compression fittings. Brew Data also makes sanitary and thermowell mounted probes with connection heads.
Please see the Brew Data application note “Using the Brew Data Solid State Temperature Sensor”. This application note includes important information about wiring and contains additional information such as thermal response and considerations when connecting to a measurement device.
(V+ = 2.7V to 5.5V, V- = ground, Ta = -40°C to 125°C, unless otherwise noted)
|Thermometer Error||-20°C to 100°C||±0.5||°C|
|-40°C to 125°C||±0.75||°C|
|Supply Voltage||V+ to V-||2.7||5.5||V|
|Output DC offset||0°C||509||mV|
|Thermal Response Time||0°C to 100°C||40||sec|
|Construction||probe body||316 Stainless Steel, 1/4” diameter|
|lead wires||PTFE or TFE, 20AWG|
|Country of Origin||USA|
©05/02/14 Brew Data LLC